The World Leader in Quality Assurance Systems for the Deep Foundation Industry
Pile Dynamics, Inc. (PDI), is the largest manufacturer of industry-standard, high quality Deep Foundation testing solutions, worldwide. Established in 1972, PDI continues to innovate, develop, manufacture and supply state-of-the-art QA/QC testing and monitoring products and software for the deep foundations industry. PDI products excel in quality, reliability, accuracy and durability. Our innovative solutions save time and money both onshore and offshore.
We Develop Solutions For
The Pile Driving Analyzer® was created by our founders as a reliable and cost effective QA product that can accommodate a wide variety of subsurface conditions, as well as eliminate the guesswork in foundation design.
Evaluate concrete quality in large deep foundation structures where large loads and lateral resistance are major factors with PDI’s vast array of QA products for drilled shafts and bored piles.
High strain dynamic load testing and pile driving monitoring system. Perform dynamic load testing on most types of deep foundations.
- Calculate bearing capacity and assess structural integrity
- Assess driving stresses and hammer performance
- Available in cabled or wireless versions
- Complete with CAPWAP®, GRLWEAP14, and iCAP® software, as well as PDIPLOT to summarize results
SHAPE® is a cost effective QA testing device providing a visual representation of foundation excavation prior to concrete pour in wet conditions.
- Wireless acquisition calculations of shaft profile to determine shaft verticality, radius, and volume, 360 degree, 2D and 3D profile views
- Data acquisition at a rate of approximately one scan per second with eight channels scanned simultaneously
- Quick connection to Kelly bar or can be used with a top mount winch system
A new technology for quantitatively assessing the quality and strength of the bottom surface of a bored or drilled foundation.
- Measures both the thickness of debris layer above the bearing strata and the strength of the bearing layer itself, providing a strength versus penetration output in numerical and graphical form
- An objective, quantitative assessment is reported through accurate displacement and penetrometer pressure measurements, digitally processed and sent wirelessly from the drilled location to the SQUID tablet
- Quickly and efficiently attaches to any drill stem or Kelly bar by site personnel
Thermal Wire® System to evaluate the entire cross-section and entire length of a deep foundation element.
- Evaluates concrete quality inside and outside the reinforcing cage
- Accelerates construction with tests conducted during concrete curing
- Reveals necking or inclusions, bulges, variations in concrete cover, shape of shaft, and cage alignment
- Thermal Wires® can replace access tubes